PacoLemon

RabbitMQ Login Failed

July 10, 2019
Last updated on September 21, 2023
RabbitMQ fix failed to login through UI Management.

Stories

If you're using Linux (whatever your distro is) you'll likely encounter this kind of problem, well in my case, after I install my RabbitMQ server using Ubuntu apt,

bash
sudo apt install rabbitmq-server

and so to make things easier for me, I use Management UI Access by enabling from command,

bash
rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management

after that, I try to login through UI (localhost:15672) using default user (guest), but unfortunately even using default user it tells me that Login Failed, I try to check all listed user and I see guest is listed, even when I try to change guest password it's still failed to login.

Solution

Create a new user!

Yes that's the solution (well in my case it works lol) by only using this command :

Add a new user

bash
rabbitmqctl add_user <USERNAME> <PASSWORD>

Set the user as administrator

bash
rabbitmqctl set_user_tags <USERNAME> administrator

That's all, and try to login again if it works, it will redirect the pages to the dashboard.

Comments

Explore Blogs